The process of training and development are often confused. Training occurs as a result of controlled external stimulation but development takes place when the individual is internally motivated.
According to Micheal, ” Executive Development is the programme by which executive capacities to achieve desired objectives are increased”.
PROCESS OF EXECUTIVE DEVELOPMENT
The essential steps in planning the executive development programme are as follows,
- Analysis of development needs
- Appraisal of present managerial talent
- Inventory of executive manpower
- ndividual development program
- Establishment of training and development programme
- Evaluating development programme performance.