HUMAN RESOURCE PLANNING (HRP)
Human Resource Planning is a process of ensuring the right number of qualified people into the right jobs and at the right time to maintain the future organizational needs. HR Planning is a system of matching the human resource demand of the organization with the potential employees.
According to E.B.Gisler, ” Human Resource Planning or Man Power Planning is the process by which a firm ensures that it has right number of people and right kind of people at the right places and at the right time, doing things for which that were economically most useful”.
IMPORTANCE OF HUMAN RESOURCE PLANNING
- Helps in estimating manpower needs for future
- Helps in avoiding crisis situations and uncertainties
- HRP facilitates HR supply and demand forecasting
- Helps in determining human resource needs and formulating plans to meet those needs
- Ensuring the right number of people for the right position.
- Helps in replacing the employees who retire, resign or die.
- Helps in preparing manpower inventory and impart skills to employee
- HRP analyses the cost and time involved in managing demand and surplus of employees
- HRP anticipate changes in the HR environment and make plans accordingly.