According to Edwin.D.Flippo, “Career is a sequence of separate but related work activities that provide continuity, order, and meaning in a person’s life”.
According to Schermerhorn, Hunt, and Osborn, “Career Planning is the process of systematically matching career goals and individual capabilities with opportunities for their fulfillment”.
According to Mc.Mohan and Merman, “Career planning is the deliberate process of becoming aware of self, opportunities, constraints, choices, and consequences”.
NATURE OF CAREER PLANNING
- Process of developing human resources
- Upward Movement of an employee
- Maturity of interest serves as to reach new heights
- Dynamic in nature
- New direction related to career goals.
OBJECTIVES OF CAREER PLANNING
- To provide and maintain appropriate man-power resources
- To provide an environment for effective and efficient growth of its employees
- To ensure career of various categories of employees
- To develop motivation in employees
- To attract talented employees
- To have stable workforce
- To reduce absenteeism and employee turnover
- To cater the future human resource needs, etc
- To improve employee loyalty, etc.