According to Edwin.B.Flippo, ‘Induction is the welcoming process to make the new employee feel at home and generate in him, a feeling of belongingness to the organization’.
OBJECTIVES OF INDUCTION
- To welcome a new employee to relieve his initial anxiety and make him feel at home.
- To promote a feeling of belongingness.
- To inspire the new employee to build a good attitude towards the company and his job.
- To build-up new employee’s confidence towards the organization.
- To provide a new employee information regarding the company and its policies, rules and regulations, etc.
- To create a sense of security in the mind of the employee.
ADVANTAGES OF INDUCTION
- To minimize the initial anxiety
- To eliminate the fear
- To provide the valuable source of information
- Helps in retaining the employees
- Increase the motivation in employees
- Increases the company reputation.