According to Edwin.D.Flippo, ” Training is the act of increasing the knowledge and skill of an employee for doing a particular job”. The term training is used to indicate a process by which the skills and abilities of the employee to perform specific jobs are increased.
OBJECTIVES OF TRAINING
- To impart employee basic knowledge and skills
- To assist employee to perform more effectively
- To improve quality of employee work
- To improve productivity of employee
- To avoid industrial accidents
- To fulfill the future personnel needs
- To improve organizations culture and climate
- To improve health and safety measures
- To prevent disobedience
- To improve overall efficiency of the organization
- To improve personal growth of the employee.