According to Richard, Discipline may be considered as the force that prompts individuals and groups to observe values, regulation standards and procedure necessary for an organization.
There are mainly two different types of disciplines called positive discipline and negative discipline according to the management objectives.
PROCEDURE FOR DISCIPLINARY ACTION
- Preliminary investigation
- Issue of charge sheet on employee
- Suspension pending enquiry
- Notice of enquiry
- Conduct of enquiry
- Recording the findings
- Awarding punishments
- Communicating punishment to the employee
- Implementation of the punishment.
KINDS OF PUNISHMENTS
There are usually two types of punishments or penalties given for an employee for his disciplinary actions, they are as follows,
01. Minor Penalties
- Oral warning
- Written Reprimand
- Loss of Privileges
- Suspension, etc
02. Major Penalties
- With-holding increments
- Demotion or stopping promotion
- Discharge of contract
- Dismissal, etc.