HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Edwin.D.Flippo defined ‘Human Resource Management is the planning, organizing, directing, controlling of procurement, development, compensation, integration, maintenance, and reproduction of human resources to the end individual, organizational and social objectives are accomplished’.
SIGNIFICANCE OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Recruiting and Selecting the right number of people for the right job and at the right time.
- Attracts and retains required talent through HR planning
- Developing necessary skills through training and development activities
- Developing dedicated and competent employees
- Maintaining balance between jobs available and job seekers
- Helps to provide job satisfaction to employees
- Ensure proper wage and salary administration
- It maintains quality of work life and work-life balance
- It ensures safety of employees
- It provides welfare and social security facilities to the employees
- It reduces employee turnover rate and absenteeism
- Optimum utilization of human resources
- Brings coordination among various divisions of the organization
- Promotes industrial democracy and peace by maintaining industrial relations.
Human Resources is considered as one of the most valuable assets of an organization and Human Resource Management focuses on a healthy workplace, excellent leadership and excellent jobs to produce positive employees.